27-Year-Old Man Shot To Death In His SC Home
GREENWOOD, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a 27-year-old man has been shot to death after an argument in Greenwood.
Greenwood County Coroner Sonny Cox said Desmond Kennedy was shot once around 5 a.m. Sunday in his home. Officers found him dead on his floor when they arrived.
Police say Kennedy had an argument with someone shortly before his death, but they have not decided if that person is a suspect in his killing.
Cox says the death is the 17th homicide in Greenwood County this year, the most he can recall in 36 years in law enforcement. Five of the homicides happened in one shooting in October, where police say the shooter also killed himself.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ex-Greenville Police Officer Accused Of Tampering with Evidence, Obstructing Justice
- Bar Bans ‘Blurred Lines’ After UNC Student Complained Song Promoted Rape Culture
- Former NC Teacher Accused Of Sending Obscene Videos To Students
- SC Education Agency Pulls Out Of Testing Program
- USDA Says NC Health Agency Met Food Stamp Deadline