Shopper Claims He Was Kicked Out Of Walmart For Filming Black Friday Fight
ELKINS, N.C. (CBS Charlotte) – A shopper at Walmart documented a fight between other customers. He said that, after store officials caught him doing so, he was asked to leave – even though those fighting were allowed to stay and shop.
Using the Twitter handle “soidecidedto,” the man – who, according to the website listed in his profile on the social networking and micro-blogging website, is named Brian Spain - shared the video he had taken after leaving the premises.
“I went to the Walmart in my parent’s town on Thanksgiving around 8pm. I was driving back to the hotel and I saw it PACKED!” Spain wrote in the video’s description. “Therefore I went in, and expected to interview people about why they are there.”
It continued, “Instead I saw this, videoed [sic] it, and was promptly kicked out of the store.”
He included it in a Twitter message that also employed the hashtags “#WalmartFights” and “#BlackFriday.” The former was trending as stores began opening on Thanksgiving for eager holiday shoppers, due to the reportedly large amount of altercations taking place at Walmart locations throughout the nation.
The latter hashtag was still trending on Twitter as of Friday morning.
— brianspain (@soidecidedto) November 29, 2013
As the night progressed, the video was shared with increasing frequency and garnered the attention of other Twitter users and news outlets alike. Spain was also invited to speak with CNN earlier this morning about the video, he noted.
After having initially shared the video and spoken with press about it, Spain then took to Twitter to defend those who live in Elkin.
“I would like to state the people here are very nice and this is not typical,” he Tweeted Friday morning.
- Hot & Sexy Bearded Celeb Men
- 10 Reasons Adam Levine Is The Sexiest Man Alive
- Michael Jordan: Team Will Use Same Colors As Old Hornets
- 2013 Black Friday Survival Guide
- Who’s You Favorite Holiday Hotty?!
- 5 Things You Should Never Purchase Online
- 5 Things You Spend Money On Then Never Use
- Top 10 Lessons We Can Learn From Our Dogs
- 5 Best Stadiums In The NFL
- Top Country Wedding Songs Of 2013
- 20 Things Men & Women Wish Their Significant Other Knew About Them