Dead NC Woman Tied To Man Charged With Killing 2
LEICESTER, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina authorities say they’ve recovered the remains of a woman whose boyfriend is accused of killing his mother and stepfather.
Buncombe County sheriff’s deputies say they positively identified 23-year-old Cheyenne VanTreese of Asheville. She was reported missing more than two weeks ago, but her family says she hadn’t been seen since early October.
The sheriff’s office said Saturday it is not describing how she died.
Buncombe County Sheriff Van Duncan said her remains were discovered near the Leicester home where 45-year-old Joy Runne and 44-year-old Andre Runne were shot to death this week. Twenty-five-year-old Vincent Franklin is charged with first-degree murder in their deaths. It was not clear if he has an attorney.
VanTreese and Franklin had a child together.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ex-Prosecutor: McCrory Would Be ‘Fool’ To Pardon 2
- Man Killed In Trench Collapse In Alexander County
- SC Airport Bomb-Sniffing Dog Dies In Handler’s Car
- Warrant: SC Dad Who Allegedly Killed His Five Children Believed They Were Going To Kill Him
- Former Police Officer Charged With Distributing Child Pornography