Authorities Working To Identify Body Found In NC
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Authorities are working to identify a body found in southern Randolph County.
Investigators from the Ash-Rand Rescue Squad and the Randolph County Sheriff’s Office were doing training on Saturday when they discovered the body at a makeshift shelter in a wooded area.
Authorities said the shelter was made out of large black garbage bags tied to tree saplings. They also found food, water bottles, tools and a suitcase.
Investigators said it appeared the person had been dead for several weeks. The body is being sent to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Raleigh for identification.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- President Of Law School Resigns Days After Starting Job
- Ex-Fire Department Chief Charged With Embezzlement
- Firefighter Sentenced For Trying To Hire Undercover Officer To Kill Wife
- University Removes Cosby’s Name From Its Board Of Advisers Amid Sex Assault Allegations
- Group Of Mothers Push To Ban Guns From Store