Man Dies Battling Grass Fire In SC
ANDERSON, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say an Anderson man has died while fighting a grass fire.
Firefighters were called to a home south of Anderson shortly after 2 p.m. Tuesday to a fire sparked by burning leaves.
They found 62-year-old Robert John Quinnan unresponsive in a burning yard. A neighbor attempted to perform CPR.
Flat Rock-Bowen Fire Chief Michael Hobbs says it took nearly an hour to extinguish the fire, which spread to neighboring property and an empty mobile home.
Quinnan was pronounced dead at the scene.
Anderson County Chief Deputy Coroner Charles Boseman says an autopsy is planned Wednesday.
There were no other injuries.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man Will Now Get Warning Instead Of $525 Fine For Not Paying $0.89 For Refill
- Men Walk In Heels To Raise Awareness Of Violence Against Women
- 63-Year-Old Woman Stabbed To Death In Concord
- Former Teacher Faces Charges In Connection With Illegal Photography Of Students
- Bill Banning Abortions Beyond 19 Weeks Stalls In South Carolina Senate