Mac’s MVP Rankings (With Cam Included)
With Monday night’s performance and a 7-3 record, Can Newton seems to have won over many in the national media (again). Many have declared him an MVP candidate. Where should he rank? Here is my attempt to find Cam’s place among the NFL’s most valuable.
1) Peyton Manning- I truly believe he is the MVP of the league every year. This year with his team rolling and with his record pace, the trophy belongs to him. Everyone else is just competing for the runner up spot. Which goes too……
2) Calvin Johnson- The guy is an absolute beast. He doesnt have much help from others in the receiving corps, teams double and triple him every week, but he still puts up nuimbers. He averages 120 yards a game and 18 yards a catch. And, the Lions lead their division.
3) Drew Brees- The Saints are back. Sure alot of credit goes to Sean Payton. But, Brees has picked his game up some too. He spreads the ball around tremendously. And, his combination of accuracy (68 percent) and getting the ball downfield (8.3 ypa) is great.
4) Russell Wilson- I thought about putting Cam here, but RW is a little bit better in all statistical categories and he has 10 wins to Cam’s 7. His rating is 105 and he has 19 TDs and 6 INTS. Plus he has about 100 more rush yards than Cam.
5) Cam Newton- I put him hear over Andrew Luck, Lesean McCoy and jamal Charles. His elite performance on 3rd down has him ranked nehind only Manning and Brees in money down QB rating. He has been more accurate than ever at 63 percent. And, he has beat two winning opponents with 4th Quarter comebcks. His time to win the award will come. But, now is the time for him to be in the mix.