McCrory Visiting Facebook Headquarters In Calif.
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory can update his Facebook status this week from the social networking company’s California headquarters.
On Monday, McCrory is set to visit Facebook’s campus in Menlo Park, Calif. McCrory’s office says the Republican is meeting with company executives and employees from North Carolina before signing a real life Facebook “wall.”
McCrory is also hosting a question and answer session on his own Facebook page. People can submit questions at http://www.facebook.com/GovernorPat starting at 5:30 p.m.
Earlier Monday, the governor plans to tour Google’s campus in nearby Mountain View, Calif.
Both Google and Facebook have a presence in North Carolina. They operate separate data centers — Facebook in Forest City and Google near Lenoir. Google also plans to participate in a new Duke Energy renewable energy program.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mark Sanford Calls Off Engagement To His ‘Soul Mate’
- Dem Senator: Obama ‘Has Not Yet Done Enough To Earn The Lasting Trust Of Our Veterans’
- NC Senate Signs Off On Farm Bill
- Outside Groups Making Big Ad Buys For North Carolina Senate Race
- Survey: 56 Percent Of Young Americans ‘Living Paycheck To Paycheck’