11-Year-Old Brother Charged In Death Of Charlotte Infant
(CBS Charlotte) — The 11-year-old brother of a Charlotte infant who died earlier this week has confessed to abusing the 7-month-old — while his mother ran an errand.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police and medics were dispatched to the home of Wendy Latwann Johnson last Saturday, amid reports of an unresponsive infant. The infant was later pronounced dead at a local hospital.
Johnson, the mother, was charged with involuntary manslaughter and child abuse inflicting serious injury.
Within days of the infant dying from the injuries he sustained from being dropped on his head repeatedly, his 11-year-old brother confessed to the abuse. The brother cited jealousy as the reasoning behind harming the infant. Despite his confession, CMPD officials working the case have decided not to drop the charges against the mother. However, the boy will also be charged in the death of the infant.
The charges will remain due to the mother not being home at the time the abuse occurred.
-Nichole Jaworski, CBS Charlotte
- Man Will Now Get Warning Instead Of $525 Fine For Not Paying $0.89 For Refill
- Men Walk In Heels To Raise Awareness Of Violence Against Women
- 63-Year-Old Woman Stabbed To Death In Concord
- Former Teacher Faces Charges In Connection With Illegal Photography Of Students
- Bill Banning Abortions Beyond 19 Weeks Stalls In South Carolina Senate