York Woman Pleads Guilty In Boyfriend’s Death
YORK, S.C. (AP) — A 29-year-old York woman has been sentenced to 30 years in prison in the shooting death of her boyfriend.
Christina Adams was sentenced Wednesday after she pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter.
Adams was arrested in 2011 in the death of 44-year-old Michael Howe.
A friend of the couple’s drove to the York police station after witnessing the shooting at the couple’s home. When officers arrived, Adams told them that Howe had been shot. The gun investigators think was used in the shooting also was found in the yard.
Adams told police her boyfriend had hit her, but investigators said they didn’t immediately find any visible marks on her body.
In court Wednesday, Adams’ lawyer said the woman was sexually and physically abused, starting at age 2.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- President Of Law School Resigns Days After Starting Job
- Ex-Fire Department Chief Charged With Embezzlement
- Firefighter Sentenced For Trying To Hire Undercover Officer To Kill Wife
- University Removes Cosby’s Name From Its Board Of Advisers Amid Sex Assault Allegations
- Group Of Mothers Push To Ban Guns From Store