YORK, S.C. (AP) — A 29-year-old York woman has been sentenced to 30 years in prison in the shooting death of her boyfriend.
Christina Adams was sentenced Wednesday after she pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter.
Adams was arrested in 2011 in the death of 44-year-old Michael Howe.
A friend of the couple’s drove to the York police station after witnessing the shooting at the couple’s home. When officers arrived, Adams told them that Howe had been shot. The gun investigators think was used in the shooting also was found in the yard.
Adams told police her boyfriend had hit her, but investigators said they didn’t immediately find any visible marks on her body.
In court Wednesday, Adams’ lawyer said the woman was sexually and physically abused, starting at age 2.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Emergency Worker Charged After Recording Women In Bunk Of Fire Station
- Feds’ Site Gives States Incomplete Medicaid Data
- Couple Claims Mall Security Kicked Them Out For Wearing Christmas Costumes
- Man Charged With Killing 21-Year-Old NC Woman
- McDonald’s Employee Gives Couple Thousands Of Dollars Instead Of Food