SPRING LAKE, N.C. (AP) — A Harnett County teacher has been fired after school officials said she allowed biology students to prick themselves with lancing needles as part of an experiment and reusing the needles with other students.
Officials said Miyoshi McMillan of Overhills High School in Spring Lake conducted a lab Oct. 24 on blood typing.
School spokeswoman Patrician Harmon-Lewis says McMillian used a lab kit that included synthetic blood and seven lancets used to obtain drops of blood for testing.
Harmon-Lewis says McMillan provided the lancets for each lab group. She said after the students used the needles, they used alcohol swabs and saved the needles for the next class to use.
The school sent letters home with every student in the biology classes.
McMillan began as a substitute teacher in 2009.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
News From Our Music Stations
- The Truth About Dating Someone Who Has Kids
- 10 Ways You're Driving Him Away
- 5 Tips For Managing Your Holiday Budget
- Star Transformation: Ian Somerhalder
- Top 10 Highest Paid Celebrities Of 2013
- Celebrities Remember Paul Walker
- Hot & Sexy Bearded Celeb Men
- 10 Reasons Adam Levine Is The Sexiest Man Alive
- Michael Jordan: Team Will Use Same Colors As Old Hornets
- 5 Things You Should Never Purchase Online
- 5 Things You Spend Money On Then Never Use
- Top 10 Lessons We Can Learn From Our Dogs
- 5 Best Stadiums In The NFL
- Top Country Wedding Songs Of 2013
- 20 Things Men & Women Wish Their Significant Other Knew About Them