Cops: Man Abducted SC Woman & Her Teen Daughter
ST. STEPHEN, S.C. (AP) — Authorities are still looking for a man they say abducted a woman and her 17-year-old daughter from St. Stephen.
The State Law Enforcement Division said LeAndre Shalaunti Deare and her mother, 36-year-old Deandrene W. McHoney, were recovered safely on Monday.
Police say the teen was abducted Monday morning as she got ready for school. Her mother was taken from a separate address.
Authorities say both women were recovered after 36-year-old Telly Darnell McClam crashed his car and fled on foot. Police say McHoney and McClam had dated.
In 1999, McClam was sentenced to 15 years in prison after pleading guilty to burglary and second-degree criminal sexual conduct. State authorities say he was released from prison in March 2012.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- President Of Law School Resigns Days After Starting Job
- Ex-Fire Department Chief Charged With Embezzlement
- Firefighter Sentenced For Trying To Hire Undercover Officer To Kill Wife
- University Removes Cosby’s Name From Its Board Of Advisers Amid Sex Assault Allegations
- Group Of Mothers Push To Ban Guns From Store