Worker Electrocuted At Charlotte Construction Site
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — A construction worker has died after the lift he was operating touched power lines at an apartment building under construction near the University of North Carolina Charlotte.
The accident occurred around 2 p.m. Monday.
Firefighters say the man was in a lift bucket when he was shocked by a power line carrying 12,000 volts.
Police have not released the man’s name or the name of the company that employed him.
The incident is still being investigated.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- President Of Law School Resigns Days After Starting Job
- Ex-Fire Department Chief Charged With Embezzlement
- Firefighter Sentenced For Trying To Hire Undercover Officer To Kill Wife
- University Removes Cosby’s Name From Its Board Of Advisers Amid Sex Assault Allegations
- Group Of Mothers Push To Ban Guns From Store