Off-Duty CMPD Officer Shot During Home Invasion
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — An off-duty Charlotte police officer has been shot and wounded when someone broke into his apartment.
Police say someone broke into the apartment of Officer Jon Durham around 6 a.m. Sunday. Investigators say the suspect took property from Dunham’s home but have not said exactly what happened. Investigators also have not said whether they think Dunham was targeted.
No arrests have been made.
Dunham was taken to Carolinas Medical Center with injuries that were not considered life-threatening. He was listed in stable condition.
The officer’s son was in the apartment at the time and was not hurt.
Dunham has been with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department since 2008.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Warrant: SC Dad Who Allegedly Killed His Five Children Believed They Were Going To Kill Him
- Former Police Officer Charged With Distributing Child Pornography
- Ex-Governors Urge Citizenship Test For Students
- High School Principal Forces Students To Remove American Flags From Cars On 9/11
- Police: Man, 70, Growing Marijuana In Chicken Coop