COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Police are pretty certain the well-kept middle-aged woman with the dolphin tattoo on her leg came to Myrtle Beach to die, but they can’t figure out who she is.
Authorities say she was found in the ocean on May 25. Rescuers tried CPR, but she died at the hospital.
Myrtle Beach Police say she had cuts on her wrists, and blood was found in a public bathroom about a mile away. The Horry County Coroner’s Office says she likely died from drowning. They estimated that she was in her 50s or 60s.
With the careful record keeping and interconnectivity of the modern age, few people die without eventually being identified. She is one of only two entries from South Carolina this year in a federal database of unclaimed bodies.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Emergency Worker Charged After Recording Women In Bunk Of Fire Station
- Feds’ Site Gives States Incomplete Medicaid Data
- Couple Claims Mall Security Kicked Them Out For Wearing Christmas Costumes
- Man Charged With Killing 21-Year-Old NC Woman
- McDonald’s Employee Gives Couple Thousands Of Dollars Instead Of Food