Coroner: Hiker Died Trying To Climb SC Falls
GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP) — The body of a hiker from Piedmont has been found at the bottom of a Greenville County waterfall.
Coroner Parks Evans says investigators think 20-year-old Brent Andrew Elrod slipped and fell while trying to climb Wild Cat Falls at around 1:30 p.m. Thursday.
Elrod’s girlfriend found him floating face down in the water Thursday night after she was unable to get in touch with him.
An autopsy was being performed Friday. Elrod was a student at North Greenville University.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man Will Now Get Warning Instead Of $525 Fine For Not Paying $0.89 For Refill
- Men Walk In Heels To Raise Awareness Of Violence Against Women
- 63-Year-Old Woman Stabbed To Death In Concord
- Former Teacher Faces Charges In Connection With Illegal Photography Of Students
- Bill Banning Abortions Beyond 19 Weeks Stalls In South Carolina Senate