Coroner: Hiker Died Trying To Climb SC Falls
GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP) — The body of a hiker from Piedmont has been found at the bottom of a Greenville County waterfall.
Coroner Parks Evans says investigators think 20-year-old Brent Andrew Elrod slipped and fell while trying to climb Wild Cat Falls at around 1:30 p.m. Thursday.
Elrod’s girlfriend found him floating face down in the water Thursday night after she was unable to get in touch with him.
An autopsy was being performed Friday. Elrod was a student at North Greenville University.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Investigation Exposed ‘Shadow Curriculum’ Run Within UNC’s Former African And Afro-American Studies Dept.
- Tillis Camp Says Romney To Campaign For Him In NC
- Man Faced With Murder Charges After Girlfriend Found Dead In Home
- Woman Admits Lying To Cops When FBI Agent Was Shot
- SC Denies Gay Unions Despite Apellate Rulings