Sheriff: 15-Year-Old Boy Pretended To Be Deputy
CAMDEN, S.C. (AP) — Investigators say a 15-year-old boy has been arrested after he pretended to be a Kershaw County deputy and tried to force a woman to take off her clothes.
Sheriff Jim Matthews said the victim told authorities the fake deputy showed a badge and a flashlight and demanded to come into her Kershaw County home on Oct. 2.
Matthews says she let him in, and he handcuffed her. The fake deputy ordered the woman to take her clothes off, and she said she couldn’t do it with her hands cuffed.
The sheriff says the fake deputy removed the handcuffs, and the woman hit the suspect in the face and ran from her home.
Matthews says the boy confessed to the incident and has been charged as a juvenile.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ex-Greenville Police Officer Accused Of Tampering with Evidence, Obstructing Justice
- Bar Bans ‘Blurred Lines’ After UNC Student Complained Song Promoted Rape Culture
- Former NC Teacher Accused Of Sending Obscene Videos To Students
- SC Education Agency Pulls Out Of Testing Program
- USDA Says NC Health Agency Met Food Stamp Deadline