Man Dies After Crashing In To Police Cruiser
HARTSVILLE, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a man is dead after he led police on a 30-mile chase that ended when his van collided with a police cruiser in Hartsville.
Captain Andy Locklair of the Darlington County Sheriff’s Office says the chase started just after 11 p.m. Tuesday when the van approached a police check point but then turned and drove away.
The chase went from Hartsville to Darlington, about 15 miles away, and then back into Hartsville, where the van hit the cruiser.
The driver of the van later died at a nearby hospital.
His name won’t be released until relatives can be notified.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Stranded Climber Rescued From NC Mountain
- Carolina Panthers Tender Offers To OL Byron Bell, Chris Scott
- Fantasy Baseball Preview: Starting Pitcher
- Carolina Panthers Re-Sign Garry Williams & Richie Brockel
- ACM Party for a Cause Lineup Now Includes Danielle Bradbery, Lee Brice, Florida Georgia Line, More