3 Suspects Arrested After Shooting At CMPD Officers
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Three people have been arrested after an exchange of gunfire with Charlotte police.
Investigators said two officers were called around 4 a.m. Sunday after someone reported that some men were loading guns inside a car.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say the officers were shot at as they got out of their patrol car to investigate. Authorities say the officers fired back and the men drove away. No one was hurt.
Investigators say the suspects led police on a chase into Cabarrus County before their car was stopped and they were taken into custody. The names of the suspects and they charges they face have not been released. Police found two guns in the car.
The officers have been put on administrative leave during a routine internal investigation into the shooting.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Stranded Climber Rescued From NC Mountain
- Carolina Panthers Tender Offers To OL Byron Bell, Chris Scott
- Fantasy Baseball Preview: Starting Pitcher
- Carolina Panthers Re-Sign Garry Williams & Richie Brockel
- ACM Party for a Cause Lineup Now Includes Danielle Bradbery, Lee Brice, Florida Georgia Line, More