Teen Charged In 3 Deaths Moved To SC County Jail
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) — A Spartanburg teen accused of killing three relatives has been transferred from juvenile custody to the county jail.
The Herald-Journal of Spartanburg reports (http://bit.ly/1eGKX7b ) that the 17-year-old was moved Tuesday to the Spartanburg County jail. He’s awaiting trial as an adult on three counts of murder.
The teen was 14 when he was accused of killing his father, great aunt and grandmother in 2011. Forty-four-year-old Robert Lankford and 83-year-old Virginia Gaston died when they were shot at their home. Eighty-year-old Rachel Gaston Lankford died later at a hospital.
Prosecutors say the teen calmly called 911 and told a dispatcher that he had shot his relatives with a .22-caliber gun.
No trial date has been set, but prosecutors say they plan to resolve the case by the end of the year.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Carolina Panthers Tender Offers To OL Byron Bell, Chris Scott
- Fantasy Baseball Preview: Starting Pitcher
- Carolina Panthers Re-Sign Garry Williams & Richie Brockel
- ACM Party for a Cause Lineup Now Includes Danielle Bradbery, Lee Brice, Florida Georgia Line, More
- Greg Hardy’s Day At ESPN Included Kraken Swag, Panthers Talk, & Challenging LeBron James