8 Men Arrested In NC On Drug, Weapons Charges
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Eight Gaston County men have been arrested on drug trafficking and weapons charges.
The U.S. Attorney’s office said federal agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives as well as officers with the Gaston County and Bessemer City police departments arrested the men during an early morning roundup Monday.
U.S. Attorney Anne Tompkins says the arrests were part of a joint law enforcement effort to reduce drug trafficking and violent crime in Gaston County.
Officers seized five handguns, two rifles, money, a vehicle, drugs and drug-making equipment.
The men made a first appearance in U.S. District Court in Charlotte on Monday. They have detention hearings scheduled Thursday.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Carolina Panthers Tender Offers To OL Byron Bell, Chris Scott
- Fantasy Baseball Preview: Starting Pitcher
- Carolina Panthers Re-Sign Garry Williams & Richie Brockel
- ACM Party for a Cause Lineup Now Includes Danielle Bradbery, Lee Brice, Florida Georgia Line, More
- Greg Hardy’s Day At ESPN Included Kraken Swag, Panthers Talk, & Challenging LeBron James