2nd Victim From Charlotte Hit-And-Run Crash Dies
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — A 3-year-old boy critically injured in a hit-and-run accident that killed a 19-year-old woman earlier this month has died.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police issued a statement Monday saying the unidentified boy died at Carolinas Medical Center with his family at his side.
Three other passengers in the car, among them an 18-month-old girl and a 22-month-old girl, are expected to recover.
Police charged 18-year-old Uriel Eduardo Flores with involuntary manslaughter and felony hit and run.
A statement from police said a car struck a utility pole on the city’s south side last Wednesday. Emergency personnel pronounced the driver, Shaquise Bush, dead at the scene.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Bleacher Report Football Reporter Chris Simms Talks NFL Draft.
- Larry Fedora: I’ve Never Had A Freshman Pick Up The Offense Like Hood Has
- Bobcats’ Al Jefferson Still In Walking Boot
- Lionel Hollins: I Had Clifford As My Coach Of The Year All Season
- Man Who Fled Md. To SC With Daughter Indicted For Killing