SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) — A Spartanburg County man has been sentenced in the neglect and death of his 104-year-old mother.
A judge last week sentenced George Leventis to three years of probation.
The Herald-Journal of Spartanburg reports (http://bit.ly/18RftDb ) that Leventis entered an Alford plea to charges of neglect of a vulnerable adult, maintaining his innocence but admitting there is enough evidence for a conviction.
Leventis was charged Dec. 4 with neglecting his mother after a home health nurse found Demetra Leventis lying in her own waste. She had fist-sized bed sores filled with maggots.
Leventis’ attorney said his client has health problems of his own and was diligent in taking care of his mother.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- GRAMMY Hall of Fame Inducts 27 New Recordings from Dolly Parton, The Rolling Stones, U2 and More
- Cam Newton & Panthers’ Winning Streak Due To Superstition With Wrigley’s Chewing Gum?
- Ask Flash Girl: Cracking A Guy Code Violation: “Jessie’s Girl”
- Police: CMS Teacher Had Inappropriate Contact With Student
- Talking Bleep With The QCB Show #12