RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — A soldier from North Carolina has died in Afghanistan.
The Department of Defense said Sunday that 44-year-old Sgt. William D. Brown III of Franklin, N.C., died Sept. 19, in Laghman Province, Afghanistan, from a noncombat incident.
The death is under investigation, and no other details were released.
The Defense Department says Brown was assigned to the 94th Brigade Support Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division, based in Fort Polk, La.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- GRAMMY Hall of Fame Inducts 27 New Recordings from Dolly Parton, The Rolling Stones, U2 and More
- Cam Newton & Panthers’ Winning Streak Due To Superstition With Wrigley’s Chewing Gum?
- Ask Flash Girl: Cracking A Guy Code Violation: “Jessie’s Girl”
- Police: CMS Teacher Had Inappropriate Contact With Student
- Talking Bleep With The QCB Show #12