Bond Denied For Man Charged After Baby’s Death
CHESTER, S.C. (AP) — Bond has been denied for a Chester County man charged with homicide by child abuse after his girlfriend’s 11-month-old daughter died with head injuries.
A judge on Saturday denied bond for 27-year-old Jeffery Todd Bradley Jr. He’s next scheduled in court in November.
Chester County deputies say Bradley was the only adult at the home with the baby when she suffered injuries that needed emergency hospital care.
Deputies responded to a call about an injured baby on Wednesday but found the home empty. Deputies then got a call from Levine Children’s Hospital in Charlotte, where the girl had fractured skull and eye and kidney injuries. She died Friday.
Bradley left the U.S. Army in 2012 after nearly a decade in the military. If convicted, he could face life in prison.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- 3 Plead Guilty In Scheme To Defraud SC Air Base
- Steve Smith Refutes Ian Rapoport’s Report; Rips Gettleman, Coach Rivera
- Device Could Reprogram Your Brain To Eliminate Cravings
- Shane Carden: I Play With A Chip On My Shoulder And Always Will
- Mike Florio: Source Says Ravens Feared Derek Anderson More Than Cam