CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Federal authorities say nine of the 10 Charlotte-area men named in a federal indictment have been arrested on federal drug conspiracy charges.
The Department of Justice announced the arrests. It says the indictment alleges that for nearly 11 years, the defendants conspired to distribute five kilograms or more of cocaine and 280 grams or more of crack cocaine in Gaston and Mecklenburg counties.
The last of the ten defendants named in the indictment remains at large.
While executing arrest and search warrants, law enforcement seized three firearms, approximately $67,000 in cash, two motorcycles, three vehicles, bullets, drugs and drug making paraphernalia.
The nine people taken into custody made initial appearances in federal court in Charlotte on Thursday and are scheduled to return to court next week for detention hearings.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Emergency Worker Charged After Recording Women In Bunk Of Fire Station
- Feds’ Site Gives States Incomplete Medicaid Data
- Sports Verdict: Should A One-Loss Team Be In The BCS Championship Game?
- QCB Unleashed: No Charges On Winston, UNC Big Win, & Tomlin’s Cha Cha Slide
- No Charges In Jameis Winston Sex Assault Case