NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (CBS CHARLOTTE) – A woman allegedly stabbed her roommate after he refused to stop listening to rock music Monday night.
According to The Post and Courier, 54-year-old Vernett Bader became angry with her roommate after he didn’t want to stop listening to The Eagles and watching television with his brother.
Bader explained to the 64-year-old man that she didn’t want to listen to the band and he told her to shut up.
Police said she grabbed a serrated knife from a kitchen drawer and swung it at her roommate. The two men wrestled the knife away from Bader, but that didn’t stop her from going back into the kitchen and grabbing another one.
She admitted she stabbed her roommate to the police, but claims she did so out of self-defense because he was choking her.
The newspaper reported investigators did not see any marks or injuries on her neck.
Bader was charged with criminal domestic violence of a high and aggravated nature and is being held in Charleston County jail pending a bond hearing.
News From Our Music Stations
- The Truth About Dating Someone Who Has Kids
- 10 Ways You're Driving Him Away
- 5 Tips For Managing Your Holiday Budget
- Star Transformation: Ian Somerhalder
- Top 10 Highest Paid Celebrities Of 2013
- Celebrities Remember Paul Walker
- Hot & Sexy Bearded Celeb Men
- 10 Reasons Adam Levine Is The Sexiest Man Alive
- Michael Jordan: Team Will Use Same Colors As Old Hornets
- 5 Things You Should Never Purchase Online
- 5 Things You Spend Money On Then Never Use
- Top 10 Lessons We Can Learn From Our Dogs
- 5 Best Stadiums In The NFL
- Top Country Wedding Songs Of 2013
- 20 Things Men & Women Wish Their Significant Other Knew About Them