Police: Woman Stabs Roommate In Dispute Over Rock Music
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (CBS CHARLOTTE) – A woman allegedly stabbed her roommate after he refused to stop listening to rock music Monday night.
According to The Post and Courier, 54-year-old Vernett Bader became angry with her roommate after he didn’t want to stop listening to The Eagles and watching television with his brother.
Bader explained to the 64-year-old man that she didn’t want to listen to the band and he told her to shut up.
Police said she grabbed a serrated knife from a kitchen drawer and swung it at her roommate. The two men wrestled the knife away from Bader, but that didn’t stop her from going back into the kitchen and grabbing another one.
She admitted she stabbed her roommate to the police, but claims she did so out of self-defense because he was choking her.
The newspaper reported investigators did not see any marks or injuries on her neck.
Bader was charged with criminal domestic violence of a high and aggravated nature and is being held in Charleston County jail pending a bond hearing.
News From Our Music Stations
- Stars Who Look 20 But Are Really In Their 30's
- Meet The New Cast Of Dancing With The Stars
- Rick Ross Talks About New Album
- Sexiest Men In Country Music
- Top 10 Heart-stopping Ball Park Foods
- Top 10 Feel Good Country Songs
- Top 10 Texts Not To Send To Your Dream Girl
- What's Your Romantic Comedy Relationship Type?
- Top 10 Biggest Celebrity & Athlete Rants Of All Time
- Is Fasting Fabulous Or Just Another Diet Fad?
- 20 Things Men & Women Wish Their Significant Other Knew About Them