NC Woman Convicted Of Murder In Fatal Wreck
NEWTON, N.C. (AP) — A Caldwell County woman has been convicted of second-degree murder and aggravated serious injury by motor vehicle in a fatal wreck last year.
Thirty-seven-year-old April Cheri Childers of Granite Falls was convicted in Catawba County on Tuesday and sentenced to at least 14 years in prison. The maximum sentence is 18 years.
Prosecutors say 32-year-old Ashley Britt was killed in a wreck in April 2012 in Hickory.
Prosecutors say Childers was driving under the influence of controlled substances and crossed the center line, striking Britt’s vehicle.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Keidel: Dallas Cowboys… America’s Team Or Just A Dream?
- Peyton Manning Is Particular, Andrew Hawkins Is Funny And Aaron Craft Is A Bear?
- Deputy Kills Man At Sonic Fast-Food Restaurant
- Injury Report: Panthers Hurting Badly With Super Bowl Champs Coming To Town
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’