CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — A Charlotte woman has been arrested and charged with involuntary manslaughter in the fatal overdose of her 9-month-old grandson.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police charged 48-year-old Charlene Workman on Tuesday.
The arrest comes after a medical examiner’s report concluded that Workman’s grandson, Kaleb Lowery, died from an overdose of two drugs July 22.
The infant was found in a home and was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
It was not clear if Workman has a lawyer.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- GRAMMY Hall of Fame Inducts 27 New Recordings from Dolly Parton, The Rolling Stones, U2 and More
- Cam Newton & Panthers’ Winning Streak Due To Superstition With Wrigley’s Chewing Gum?
- Ask Flash Girl: Cracking A Guy Code Violation: “Jessie’s Girl”
- Police: CMS Teacher Had Inappropriate Contact With Student
- Talking Bleep With The QCB Show #12