1 Arrested In Salisbury Shooting Death
SALISBURY, N.C. (AP) — Police have arrested one man and are looking for a second man in the shooting death of a man that prompted a lockdown of Livingstone College and Salisbury High School.
Nineteen-year-old Abraham Iman Jenkins of Salisbury was shot and killed Monday afternoon.
Twenty-two-year-old Andre Rynell Bognuda of Salisbury was arrested and charged with murder.
Witnesses Sid they saw two men chasing Jenkins shortly before 3 p.m. and then heard several gunshots. Jenkins died at the scene.
Police are still looking for the second suspect.
The shooting prompted officials to lockdown Livingstone College and Salisbury High School for about an hour. Jenkins was not a student at the college.
It was not clear if Bognuda has a lawyer.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Man Will Now Get Warning Instead Of $525 Fine For Not Paying $0.89 For Refill
- Reactions and Thoughts On Jabari Parker Turning Pro
- The Charlotte Bobcats: Postseason Schedule & Excitement Around Team
- Atheist Group Files ‘Religious Coercion’ Complaint Against Clemson Football Program
- NBA Playoff Odds & Ends: NBA Championship & Conference Winners