SC Teen Wearing Headphones Killed By Train
NEWBERRY, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a 16-year-old boy listening to music on his headphones has died after he was struck by a train in Newberry.
The coroner’s office said Chamone McGraw did not react to the slow-moving train as he walked along the tracks around 6 p.m. Saturday.
Newberry Police continue to investigate the incident. The coroner ruled the death an accident.
Authorities say McGraw was a junior at Newberry High School.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Investigation Exposed ‘Shadow Curriculum’ Run Within UNC’s Former African And Afro-American Studies Dept.
- 8 Fast Facts About The UNC Academic Fraud Scandal
- ‘The Late Late Show With James Corden’ Will Premiere March 9, 2015
- Brian Jones: I Don’t See SEC Getting Two Teams In The Playoffs
- Tillis Camp Says Romney To Campaign For Him In NC