SC Teen Wearing Headphones Killed By Train
NEWBERRY, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a 16-year-old boy listening to music on his headphones has died after he was struck by a train in Newberry.
The coroner’s office said Chamone McGraw did not react to the slow-moving train as he walked along the tracks around 6 p.m. Saturday.
Newberry Police continue to investigate the incident. The coroner ruled the death an accident.
Authorities say McGraw was a junior at Newberry High School.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Dave Gettleman Political Ad
- Hall Of Famer Dan Fouts Stops By Bustin’ Loose
- QCB Unleashed: Can’t Cowboy Fans Enjoy Being On Top?
- The ‘Hollywood Film Awards’ Announces Award Categories
- Vote Now – People’s Choice Awards Voting Is Officially Open