NC Woman Who Sought Protective Order Killed By Estranged Husband
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a woman who was denied a restraining order against her estranged husband has died nine days after he shot her.
Police said 62-year-old Laurrissa Armstrong died Saturday at a Greensboro hospital. She was shot several times in front of her apartment on Aug. 29 as she got ready to go to her job as a teacher in High Point.
Investigators say Armstrong’s 61-year-old husband, Bruce, shot her. He was found dead in his car about three hours later. Authorities have not determined how he died.
Court documents show the couple separated in June. Laurrissa Armstrong asked a judge in July for a restraining order, saying her tires were slashed and she was getting unwanted visits from her husband. A judge ruled she did not have enough evidence.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Man Will Now Get Warning Instead Of $525 Fine For Not Paying $0.89 For Refill
- Reactions and Thoughts On Jabari Parker Turning Pro
- The Charlotte Bobcats: Postseason Schedule & Excitement Around Team
- Atheist Group Files ‘Religious Coercion’ Complaint Against Clemson Football Program
- NBA Playoff Odds & Ends: NBA Championship & Conference Winners