NC Woman Who Sought Protective Order Killed By Estranged Husband
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a woman who was denied a restraining order against her estranged husband has died nine days after he shot her.
Police said 62-year-old Laurrissa Armstrong died Saturday at a Greensboro hospital. She was shot several times in front of her apartment on Aug. 29 as she got ready to go to her job as a teacher in High Point.
Investigators say Armstrong’s 61-year-old husband, Bruce, shot her. He was found dead in his car about three hours later. Authorities have not determined how he died.
Court documents show the couple separated in June. Laurrissa Armstrong asked a judge in July for a restraining order, saying her tires were slashed and she was getting unwanted visits from her husband. A judge ruled she did not have enough evidence.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- 3 Plead Guilty In Scheme To Defraud SC Air Base
- Steve Smith Refutes Ian Rapoport’s Report; Rips Gettleman, Coach Rivera
- Device Could Reprogram Your Brain To Eliminate Cravings
- Shane Carden: I Play With A Chip On My Shoulder And Always Will
- Mike Florio: Source Says Ravens Feared Derek Anderson More Than Cam