RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — A Cary man has died after falling from a tree in Raleigh while demonstrating tree-climbing equipment.
Police spokesman Jim Sughrue says 26-year-old Robert William Kearns died around 7 p.m. Saturday. A witness said Kearns was about 30 feet in the air when he slipped from his harness and fell.
Sughrue says there is no indication of foul play.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain
- Mike Florio: Panthers Still Have A Great Chance To Get Two Seed
- Kanye Rails Against the GRAMMYs Over His Lack of Nominations, Again
- James Brown: Coach Cowher Has Mentioned What A Great Job Rivera Is Doing
- Cincinnati Bearcats Head Coach Tommy Tuberville Previews The Belk Bowl Matchup With The North Carolina Tar Heels