Woman Arrested After Gaston County Standoff
CRAMERTON, N.C. (AP) — A woman has been arrested after a standoff in Gaston County.
Police in Cramerton were called to a home shortly before 11:30 a.m. Monday because of a domestic dispute.
A man told officers that his mother had fired two rifle shots in the house. He said he fled with the rest of his family.
Officers say the woman went into a bathroom in the home with a rifle.
Gaston County police responded to the home and after about a four-hour standoff, officers used chemicals and distraction devices to take Deborah Pope into custody.
Pope is charged with assault with a deadly weapon, illegal firing of a gun and resisting and obstructing police.
It was not clear if she has a lawyer.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Man Will Now Get Warning Instead Of $525 Fine For Not Paying $0.89 For Refill
- Reactions and Thoughts On Jabari Parker Turning Pro
- The Charlotte Bobcats: Postseason Schedule & Excitement Around Team
- Atheist Group Files ‘Religious Coercion’ Complaint Against Clemson Football Program
- NBA Playoff Odds & Ends: NBA Championship & Conference Winners