Graham: Nukes In Hands Of Terrorists Could Result In Bomb Coming To Charleston Harbor
GOOSE CREEK, S.C. (CBS Charlotte/AP) — South Carolina U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham says he’s convinced that Syrian President Assad used chemical weapons on his own people.
Graham told reporters in Goose Creek on Tuesday that taking action against Syria in response to the situation is not a question of yes or no, but rather a question of bad or worse choices.
He says if there is no U.S. response, Iran will not believe America’s resolve to block Iran from developing nuclear weapons. Graham also says those nuclear weapons in the hands of terrorists could result in a bomb coming to Charleston Harbor.
He says he’s working to convince South Carolinians weary of war that the situations in Syria and Iran are linked. Graham says Syria could destabilize the entire Middle East.
Secretary of State John Kerry said last week that more than 1,400 people, including hundreds of children, were killed during the Aug. 21 chemical attack carried out by Bashar Assad’s regime.
(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
Other Posts You May Like:
- Top 5 Most Awkward Social Situations
- How Americans Speak English Differently
- 5 Ways Tom Brady's Life Could Have Panned Out
- What Your Tattoo Says About You
- Top 10 Unspoken Rules Of Living In The South
- Top 10 Social Media Do's And Don'ts When In A Relationship
- What Could Possibly Top Oprah's Bucket List?!
- 20 Things Men & Women Wish Their Significant Other Knew About Them