Police: NC Man Killed Trying To Run From Kidnappers
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Investigators say a 27-year-old Rockingham man has been shot to death as he tried to run away from three men who kidnapped him at a Fayetteville gas station.
Police said two of the suspects got into Errol Williams’ car at the gas station around 4:45 a.m. Sunday and forced him to drive away while the third man followed in a different vehicle.
Authorities say Williams tried to run away at some point and was shot and killed.
Police say the men then returned to the gas station Sunday afternoon and stole surveillance equipment at gunpoint. But investigators had already released footage of the men to the media. They are trying to identify the suspects.
Police didn’t give a motive for the crime.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Man Will Now Get Warning Instead Of $525 Fine For Not Paying $0.89 For Refill
- Reactions and Thoughts On Jabari Parker Turning Pro
- The Charlotte Bobcats: Postseason Schedule & Excitement Around Team
- Atheist Group Files ‘Religious Coercion’ Complaint Against Clemson Football Program
- NBA Playoff Odds & Ends: NBA Championship & Conference Winners