NC School Joins With Company For Digital Textbooks
MOORESVILLE, N.C. (AP) — The Mooresville Graded School District is offering more digital textbooks to its students.
The district says it is expanding its partnership with Discovery Education to bring digital social studies textbooks to middle school classrooms. The all-in-one resource works with iPads, tablets, mobile devices, laptops or desktops and other devices.
Mooresville’s district piloted Discovery Education’s Social Studies Techbook. It previously adopted the Science Techbook series, as well as Discovery Education Streaming Plus for use throughout the district.
Discovery Education launched its digital textbook series in the fall of 2011 with a Techbook program for K-8 science. It announced in March 2012 the expansion of the series to include middle school social studies and high school science subjects.
Students in 41 states and in Canada have access to the Techbook series.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Gene Simmons Talks ‘CSI’ Cameo, Questions Rap’s Inclusion in the Rock Hall
- Jabari Parker Discusses NBA Future & Duke Entering ACC Tournament
- Agent: Panthers WR Smith Done In Carolina
- Recently Retired NFL Linebacker London Fletcher Talks Life After Football And Steve Smith.
- Fantasy Baseball Preview: Relief Pitcher