Missing NC Teen’s Adoptive Parents Moving
SALISBURY, N.C. (AP) — The adoptive parents of a teen who’s been missing for two years are moving from their home in Salisbury.
A rental truck arrived at the home of Casey and Sandy Parsons on Tuesday and the family began loading it and a pickup truck with furniture and appliances.
Fifteen-year-old Erica Parsons was reported missing July 30 by one of the couple’s sons. Erica was last seen in November 2011.
The couple has said they have nothing to do with the girl’s disappearance and that she is living with her biological grandmother in Asheville.
Police and the girl’s biological father say that woman, Irene Goodman, does not exist.
A spokesman for the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office says investigators were aware the couple was moving and will stay in touch with them.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- 2 Killed, 8 Injured In Construction Zone Wreck
- Police: Two Brothers In Custody For Courthouse Shooting
- 5 NFL Week 9 JB Locks Against The Spread
- Musicians + Sports: Florida Georgia Line On SEC Football And ‘Anything Goes’ Tailgate Party Concert
- ‘The Hollywood Film Awards’ Announce Additional Attendees