2 Utility Workers Hit By Truck In NC, 1 Dies
HAMPSTEAD, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a utility worker has died after he and a fellow worker were struck by a pickup truck on U.S. 17 in Hampstead in Pender County.
The North Carolina Highway Patrol says the workers were standing in a right turn lane when they were hit Tuesday. They worked for a company that installs fiber optic cables and were tracking a cable line, The workers had put safety cones out.
The patrol says 40-year-old Jereme Alan Holt of Burlington was killed. The other worker did not require medical treatment.
The patrol says the driver of the truck has been charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle and a lane violation.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Stranded Climber Rescued From NC Mountain
- Carolina Panthers Tender Offers To OL Byron Bell, Chris Scott
- Fantasy Baseball Preview: Starting Pitcher
- Carolina Panthers Re-Sign Garry Williams & Richie Brockel
- ACM Party for a Cause Lineup Now Includes Danielle Bradbery, Lee Brice, Florida Georgia Line, More