NC Man Dies When Copper Falls On Him
SANFORD, N.C. (AP) — An employee at a metal company in Sanford has died after bales of copper wiring fell on him.
Police say an employee was working on a forklift near some large stacked bales of copper wiring Monday afternoon when one of the stacks fell on him after he got off the forklift.
Sanford City Councilman L.I. Cohen says the victim was his son-in-law, Martin Davis. Cohen is former CEO of Lee Iron & Metal Co. where the accident occurred.
Police say Davis died at the scene.
The Occupational Health and Safety Administration will investigate.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Atheist Group Files ‘Religious Coercion’ Complaint Against Clemson Football Program
- NBA Playoff Odds & Ends: NBA Championship & Conference Winners
- Duke Freshman Jabari Parker Declares For NBA Draft
- Men Walk In Heels To Raise Awareness Of Violence Against Women
- Steve Clifford: We Can’t Just Be Satisfied By Making The Playoffs