MOORESVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say 20 people were hurt when a bus carrying North Carolina National Guard soldiers overturned north of Charlotte.
The crash occurred Friday afternoon in the city of Mooresville, which is about 25 miles north of Charlotte. City spokeswoman Kim Sellers said 11 people were taken to a local hospital. Sellers said one person was listed in critical condition.
Television news footage showed one person being strapped onto a stretcher. The coverage also showed soldiers standing next to the overturned bus, unloading duffel bags.
Darin Smith of Holiday Tours said the company, based in Randleman, is still investigating the wreck and that company officials are at the scene.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Emergency Worker Charged After Recording Women In Bunk Of Fire Station
- Feds’ Site Gives States Incomplete Medicaid Data
- Sports Verdict: Should A One-Loss Team Be In The BCS Championship Game?
- QCB Unleashed: No Charges On Winston, UNC Big Win, & Tomlin’s Cha Cha Slide
- No Charges In Jameis Winston Sex Assault Case