Tonight is the most important night of the preseason for the Panthers. It’s the “dress rehearsal” game. They will game plan for the Ravens and they will treat it like a regular season game. Here is what they need to accomplish before next week’s extreme waste of time, known as the 4th preseason game.
1) Sustained TD Drive- The first team offense hasn’t had one yet. They have just one td and 2 fgs in 8 drives and that TD came on an 18 yard drive. Little known fact: the Ravens first team offense also has only one TD in 8 drives this preseason.
2) Better Play in the Trenches- Baltimore is damn good on both lines. This will test both the OLine and DLine for the Panthers. I’d like to see them hold their own after being shoved around by the Eagles last week.
3) Gettis With the Ones- It’s time. Time to see Cam and Gettis work together. If he has success against the Ravens best CBs, the 3rd WR job should be his.
4) Ginn Returns- For the first time this preseason, Ted Ginn will be returning kicks and punts. I have hope that we may have a game breaking return man for the first time since Smitty held the job.
5) Beason- This could be the return of “The Beast.” I would love to see him get some reps and move well. But, the most important thing is will he be pain free in the few days following his return to action.