Preseason Week 2 Observations
OK, so it’s just preseason. But, it’s football and I am an addict. So, here are a few things I noticed while watching way too much NFL Network this weekend.
1) The Pats are going to be ok. At least ok in the regular season. The weapons are young and inexperienced but Brady is making them look good. Tom Terrific was 11-12 on Friday against the Bucs and he has scored TDs on 100 percent of his drives in the preseason.
2) The Bengals are going to be better. Andy Dalton is a year older. The coaching staff stuck together once again this offseason. The D-Line is one of the best in the NFL. But, most importantly, they have new weapons. Rookies Gio Bernard and Tyler Eifert are going to make this offense much better.
3) Christian Ponder isn’t good enough. Anyone who looks bad and blames it on the “exotic Buffalo Defense ” in a preseason game is in some trouble when the real games start.
4) The Raiders blow. Their best Offensive Lineman is out. Matt Flynn is in over his head and so is 2nd year head coach Bruce Allen. The Saints led them 23-0 midway through the 2nd quarter and Drew Brees had 202 yards passing and the Saints had 5 sacks in the first half vs Oakland Friday.
5) Seattle’s fans care. They were loud and proud for the game Saturday night against the Broncos. It felt like a regular season atmosphere. And, the team wasn’t bad either. They scored 34 first half points on the way to a 40-10 win.