Parents Of Missing NC Teen Receive Civil Summons
SALISBURY, N.C. (AP) — The parents of a missing North Carolina teenager will go to court over the custody of their youngest children.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office says Sandy and Casey Parsons are being summoned to juvenile court by the Department of Social Services.
Family attorney Carlyle Sherill says it involves the Parsons’ youngest children. The two were temporarily placed with their maternal grandmother after their 20-year-old brother filed a missing persons report two weeks ago for Erica Parsons.
Erica was 13 when she was last seen by anyone outside the family in 2011.
The Parsons have said that’s when their adopted daughter went to live with her biological grandmother in Asheville, but authorities say that hasn’t checked out.
Investigators seized items from the Parsons’ home after issuing a search warrant Wednesday.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Stranded Climber Rescued From NC Mountain
- Carolina Panthers Tender Offers To OL Byron Bell, Chris Scott
- Fantasy Baseball Preview: Starting Pitcher
- Carolina Panthers Re-Sign Garry Williams & Richie Brockel
- ACM Party for a Cause Lineup Now Includes Danielle Bradbery, Lee Brice, Florida Georgia Line, More