COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a Columbia father already in jail on charges involving the death of his 2-month-old son faces additional allegations of abusing his 1-year-old daughter.
Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott announced Friday that 22-year-old Aqien Miller has been served an additional warrant for child abuse. Lott accuses Miller of forcefully shaking and squeezing his daughter between May and September of 2012, causing serious bodily injuries.
Miller was charged Monday with homicide by child abuse in the death of his 7-week-old son Tyler Miller. He was initially arrested last week after he took the baby to the hospital with suspicious injuries. Authorities say Tyler died less than a day later.
Richland County Coroner Gary Watts says the baby died from being beaten.
It wasn’t known if Miller had an attorney.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Emergency Worker Charged After Recording Women In Bunk Of Fire Station
- Feds’ Site Gives States Incomplete Medicaid Data
- Sports Verdict: Should A One-Loss Team Be In The BCS Championship Game?
- QCB Unleashed: No Charges On Winston, UNC Big Win, & Tomlin’s Cha Cha Slide
- No Charges In Jameis Winston Sex Assault Case