WILMINGTON, N.C. (AP) — Police in Wilmington have arrested a man after they say he fired a pellet gun at some children.
Wilmington Police Department spokeswoman Linda Rawley said officers responded Monday night to a report of a man firing the gun at children.
Rawley said when officers encountered the suspect, he gave them a false name, then ran off.
When officers caught up with 21-year-old Jonathan Kelly, they found that he was wanted on felony warrants in Cumberland County for failure to appear.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Emergency Worker Charged After Recording Women In Bunk Of Fire Station
- Feds’ Site Gives States Incomplete Medicaid Data
- Sports Verdict: Should A One-Loss Team Be In The BCS Championship Game?
- QCB Unleashed: No Charges On Winston, UNC Big Win, & Tomlin’s Cha Cha Slide
- No Charges In Jameis Winston Sex Assault Case