Man Arrested In NC Hotel Killing
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Fayetteville police have arrested a suspect in the shooting death of a man found in a hotel parking lot last week.
Police say 35-year-old Lonnie Edward Johnson of Fayetteville turned himself in Saturday. Johnson is charged with first-degree murder.
He is accused of shooting 31-year-old Benny Larmar Fields, who was found in the parking lot of a hotel about 10:45 p.m. on Aug. 5.
Police say Fields had been shot in the chest and back. He died the next day at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center.
Police are looking for the person who was driving a car that Johnson was seen getting into after the shooting.
It was not clear if Johnson has a lawyer.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Former Teacher Faces Charges In Connection With Illegal Photography Of Students
- First Round Mock Draft 1.0
- Bill Banning Abortions Beyond 19 Weeks Stalls In South Carolina Senate
- Talking Bleep w/The QCB Episode #25…Nice
- Ex-Greenville Police Officer Accused Of Tampering with Evidence, Obstructing Justice