CONWAY, S.C. (AP) — The father of a 2-year-old Conway boy who grabbed a loaded gun and killed himself on Christmas Day has been sentenced to five years in prison.
Prosecutors say 30-year-old Rondell Smith was sentenced in Conway on Thursday after pleading guilty to involuntary manslaughter.
On Christmas Day, investigators say Sincere Smith found the gun on a table in the family’s home and shot himself in the chest. He died on the way to the hospital.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- The 3rd Annual Charlotte Mechanical Coat Drive [PHOTOS]
- Lee Sterling’s Weekly Picks
- Keidel: Tomlin Goes From Black & Gold To Black & Blue
- Greg Cosell: Saints Should Attack Mikell And Klein In The Pass Game
- Ted Ginn: I’m Seizing The Opportunity Carolina Gave Me At WR