AT&T Talks Dangers Of Texting And Driving In NC
GARNER, N.C. (AP) — AT&T is again traveling in the Carolinas to talk about the danger of texting and driving.
On Wednesday, company representatives are in Garner to show off a simulator they say shows people how dangerous it is to try to send a text message while behind the wheel.
The simulator is also traveling to Burlington on Thursday and Huntersville on Friday.
AT&T has previously put on similar events at the legislatures in North Carolina and South Carolina, as well as the University of South Carolina. Over the weekend, AT&T is making stops in Columbia and Charleston, S.C.
AT&T says the travels are leading up to Sept. 19. That’s the day the company is making a nationwide push for people to sign a pledge that they won’t text and drive.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Man Will Now Get Warning Instead Of $525 Fine For Not Paying $0.89 For Refill
- Reactions and Thoughts On Jabari Parker Turning Pro
- The Charlotte Bobcats: Postseason Schedule & Excitement Around Team
- Atheist Group Files ‘Religious Coercion’ Complaint Against Clemson Football Program
- NBA Playoff Odds & Ends: NBA Championship & Conference Winners