2 Children Ejected From Vehicle On I-85
GASTONIA, N.C. (AP) — Two children were taken to a Charlotte hospital after they were ejected from a vehicle on Interstate 85 in Gaston County yesterday.
The wreck occurred shortly after 10 a.m. Tuesday.
According to police, a 5-year-old boy unlocked his seat belt and the belt holding the car seat holding a 1-year-old’s car seat. Authorities say 29-year-old Maria Gonzalez Delacruz of Gastonia was talking to the boy and trying to address the situation when she ran over the rumble strips on the side of the road. The vehicle flipped as Delacruz over-corrected.
Gastonia Police Department spokesperson Donna Lahser said a third child and Delacruz were not ejected, but their injuries were not known.
The southbound lanes of I-85 were shut down near exit 21 until about 11:30 a.m.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Warrant: SC Dad Who Allegedly Killed His Five Children Believed They Were Going To Kill Him
- Panthers Remove DE Greg Hardy From Active Roster
- 6 Types Of People In Your Fantasy Football League
- Gregg Doyel Of CBS Sports Stops By, Talks Adrian Peterson & Greg Hardy
- Former Police Officer Charged With Distributing Child Pornography