Woman Killed In Fire At Albemarle Home
ALBERMARLE, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a woman has been killed in a fire in her Albemarle home.
Investigators say neighbors called 911 after seeing smoke and flames coming from the home around 11:30 p.m. Sunday. Neighbors say they could hear Jennifer Jackson pounding on windows and screaming, but the fire was too intense to help her.
An investigation into the cause of the blaze is being conducted by the State Bureau of Investigation and the fire marshal.
Firefighters discovered the body after putting the blaze out.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- ‘People’s Choice Awards 2015′ Returns Live Jan. 7
- South Carolina-Vanderbilt Preview
- Let Your Car Find A Spot And Park Itself
- House Panel: Safety Agency Mishandled GM Recall
- Number Of Deaths Related To GM Ignition Switches Rises
- Carolina Panthers Still Not Sure What To Do With Greg Hardy
- Police: Man, 70, Growing Marijuana In Chicken Coop
- NC Gets $6 Million In Grants For Train Service
- One Dead In Early Morning Home Invasion
- CBS Sports Steve Tasker Weighs In On Falcons Vs Buccaneers on Thursday Night Football